A running list of product and feature release updates for Kamana for healthcare staffing agencies. Questions or feedback? Is there a pain point you'd like to see solved via Kamana that would help enhance the way you work? We'd love to hear from you.
- (NEW) Search for Clients. Employer Users can now search on the Clients page by name. Previously the list of Clients on this page was only scrollable, and not searchable.
- (NEW) Contract Attachments.Employer Users can now add (multiple) Attachments to a Contract in Kamana, such as an actual copy of the Contract or other attachments that may be associated with it.
- Accepted File Types: PDF, JPEG, PNG
- File Size Limit: 50 MB per attachment
- Contract Attachments can not be deleted after 15 minutes, but can be archived anytime.
- (NEW) Start month/year and graduation month added to Education records.Options to include a start month/year, graduation month, and indication of being an active student in Talent Profile Education records has been added. Here’s how it works:
- Start Month/Year is optional, but if either are input then both fields are required.
- Graduation month is now required for all entries. The year is also required as it was before, but has been transitioned to a pick list instead of free text entry.
- If the Talent is currently a student, the “I am currently enrolled” box can be checked. This field is required if the Graduation Date is in the future, and is not allowed if the graduation date is in the past.
- Previously entered graduation years have converted to the new format where possible. Including the month on a previously entered Education record will be required if edited.
- (NEW) Time zones now auto-populate on Facility records based on address. When adding a new Facility record, the time zone is now auto-populated based on the address of the Facility. This applies to both Custom and pick-list Facilities. No more manually entered time zones!
- (IMPROVED) "Client Location" terminology changed to "Facility" in multiple places for clarity and consistency. Kamana used to use the term “Client Locations” for “Facilities”. Over time we have transitioned to “Facility” to more accurately communicate meaning. All remaining instances of “Client Location” have been changed to “Facility” in the platform.
- (IMPROVED) Only Account Owners can mass change Primary Contacts. For mistake-prevention purposes, the ability to re-assign all Talent Relationships from one specific Employer User to another at once is now only available to the Employer Account owner. See details on this feature here. If a mass change is needed, please contact your Account Owner.
- (FIXED) eSign Template and Notification Issues have been resolved. Our eSign provider made additional changes to the integration functionality on 12/15/2021 that resulted in some Employer Users experiencing eSign issues. For example, eSign Templates being stuck in the “Preparing Request” step and/or Talent users not receiving notifications of eSign requests. These issues have been resolved and notifications for all eSigns that experienced issues between 12/15 and 12/20/21 have been resent to Talent Users.
- (FIXED) eSign improvements to prevent template corruption. Our eSign provider implemented changes to the signing experience that incorrectly enabled Employer Users to attempt to add/delete documents from existing eSign Templates in Kamana. If this feature was used, the eSign Template or any Signature Request that used the associated template became corrupted and/or inaccessible. The ability to make these attempts has now been removed and any eSign Templates / Signature Requests that were corrupted or inaccessible have been restored.
- (FIXED) Talent Relationship Status being incorrectly locked from edits. Some Employer Users may have experienced a short window of the Talent Relationship Status being locked from edits. This was related to some new functionality we are working on, and has since been fixed.
- (NEW) New Job Statuses - “ Historical” and “ On Hold” - added. Jobs with the status “On Hold” or “Historical” will not display on the Talent or Public Job Board. Jobs can be added as “On Hold” or “Historical” while being created in Kamana or by editing a Job. Some cases where these statuses may be used:
- "On Hold" allows you to temporarily hide a job from Talent if the job is in a pending state of availability. This ensures you are driving candidates to the jobs that are most likely to be available for placement.
- "Historical" allows you to enter jobs that have already been filled, but need to be tracked or used in some way before closing, such as during a data migration while first implementing Kamana.
- (NEW) Filter Talent by “All Relationships”. This is also now the default Filter in the "My Talent" and “Our Talent” pages. This gives Employer users the ability to filter all Talent Profiles by name and email address, as well as resolves a common misconception of "missing profiles" when filtering talent in the “Our Talent” page.
- (IMPROVED) The ability to request new Specialties via the “I Don’t See My” option has been removed from the Work History and Skills Checklist sections of the Talent Profile. This functionality was put in place to enable users to quickly request Specialties that were not in the pick list. However this pick list has been refined over time both via user input and by a team of Clinical Informaticists, healthcare professionals, and staffing companies. As a result, in recent months nearly all new requests have been duplicative of options already present in the app. In the event that something is missing from the list, please contact Kamana Support.
- (IMPROVED) The Talent Profile can now better handle browser auto-fill capabilities. Browser Auto-fills were overriding the Talent Profile Name fields with Emergency Contact auto complete entries. Talent Profile name fields now remain unchanged even when auto-fill is used to complete Emergency Contact information fields.
- (FIXED) Employers can now search by email addresses that contain(ed) upper case letters. Previously, if an email address contained an upper case letter, Talent Profiles were not searchable via email. A feature has been implemented that now automatically converts any upper case character in an email address to a lower case character, both for previously existing Talent Profiles and new ones. Therefore, all Talent Profiles are now searchable via email address.
- (FIXED) Restored ability to change Relationship Status 'from' "Engaged". A bug was introduced in the 10/29 release that prevented users from manually changing the Relationship Status of a Talent Profile 'from' "Engaged" to another Relationship Status. This issue has been fixed and users can once again change the Relationship Status from Engaged to another Relationship Status.
- (NEW) Search Talent by partial First, Last, and/or Middle Name. When searching for a Talent Profile in the Search Talent field (within the navigation pane) and Filter Talent field (on the My/Our Talent List Views), you can now search by partial first, last, and/or middle name. Search results will begin to generate as soon as three characters are typed (includes space).
- Here are some examples of what can be typed to search the Talent Profile for Casey Jessica Maxwell: C Max; Cas M; C J M; Jess Max; Cas Max; C J Max; C Maxwell; Casey M; etc.
- (NEW) Talent Profile Work History records now allow same start/end month/year. Previously the start/end dates on a Work History record in a Talent Profile were unable to be the same month/year. Given the possibility of sub-one month work assignments in the travel and per diem space, you may now create work history entries with the same start/end month/year.
- (IMPROVED) Charge Experience can now be added to work history for all Professions. Previously Charge Experience could only be added to Work History details within the Talent Profile for nursing professions. The Charge Nurse Experience field has been changed to a more broad 'Charge Experience' field to enable this experience to be added for all professions.
- (IMPROVED) Employer users sorted by first then last name. Lists of Employer users now displayed sorted by first then last name in the following places to make locating users easier: Organization > Users page (where you can invite your co-workers or carry out a Mass Primary Change of Contact); within the users list during the Primary Contact change processes (mass and individual changes). In the future, additional features will incorporate selecting an Employer user from a list and the same sort order will be used.
- (IMPROVED) More rapid validation of Talent User email addresses during new user signup. Improvements were implemented to the email validation to more quickly display the validation message to the user in the event that an invalid email is entered. The error message now displays nearly immediately upon entering an invalid email address.
- (FIXED) All Talent Profile name changes are now reflected in the Search Talent and Filter Talent functions. Previously changes to the First and/or Last Name in a Talent Profile were not all reflected in the name displayed within the Search Talent and Filter Talent results. As a result Talent Profiles were at times difficult to find if a name change had occurred. This issue has been corrected and all name changes are now reflected in search results in real time.
- (FIXED) Prevent Clients from being deleted if associated with Contracts or People. Clients can only deleted if they have not been associated with a Contract or People record. If a client has an associated with any of these, the user will not be able to delete the Client. In the future, additional items (such as Credentialing Requirements) will be able to be associated with a Client, and the same deletion prevention functionality will be used.
- (NEW) Validate Talent User emails during new user signup. A function has been added during the new Talent user signup process to display a message to the user if an invalid email address is entered while creating their profile. This was added to reduce the chance of a healthcare professional using an invalid email during signup. The user will not be blocked from creating an account entirely if an invalid email is used.
- (IMPROVED) Prevent duplicate Applications from Talent. Previously a Talent User was able to create multiple Applications attached to their Profile if the user used the application landing page URL to sign in after creating a relationship with an Employer. This has been changed to redirect the talent user to their profile and notify them that a relationship has already been created.
- (IMPROVED) Emergency Contact field labels in the Talent Profile have been updated for user clarity. The field labels and helper text on all of the Emergency Contact fields within the Talent Profile have been updated to more heavily indicate that these fields are for providing emergency contact information. Previously some users have mistakenly entered their own information in to the Emergency Contact fields within the Talent Profile.
- (IMPROVED) Updated copy job button text for user clarity. The copy job link button on the Talent Job Board menu and Talent Job Board job details page has been changed to say 'Copy Link to Job'. Previously this button was titled 'Share Link to Job', causing some confusion that clicking this button would automatically share the link somewhere.
- (IMPROVED) More performance enhancements and improvements to the Notification Center. Additional opportunities for performance improvement were identified and implemented after the prior related release.
- (IMPROVED) Contract Policy sections are now sorted alphabetically. The Contract Policies sections are now sorted alphabetically on the ADD Policy pick list, edit view of a Contract, and saved view of a Contract.
- (FIXED) Facilities can not be deleted if it has been associated with a Job. Previously if an attempt was made to delete a Facility that had been associated with a Job, the user would receive an error and the Facility would not be deleted. A fix has been deployed to prevent the error, and notify the user why the Facility can not be deleted.
- (IMPROVED) Performance enhancements and improvements to the Notification Center. Several performance enhancements have been made to the Notification Center. The most notable are:
- When a grouped notification is opened, all grouped notifications will be marked as read simultaneously (e.g. if multiple messages notifications come from the same healthcare professional, the like-notifications are grouped together in the Notification Center with a (#) indicating the number of like-notifications)
- The Notification Center now only displays the most recent 100 notifications. Previously, if a user was not regularly checking their notifications it was possible for there to be hundreds or thousands of notifications unread that would attempt to load with each page change. This made a significant negative impact on page speed for the user, which is no longer possible.
- (IMPROVED) Enhanced location matching within the Kamana Job Network. For employers/agencies participating in the Kamana Job Network beta program, the location matching functionality has been enhanced to create even more job matches for healthcare professionals in the job network. Want to join the early access program for testing new features in Kamana? Simply email email@example.com to let us know!
- (NEW)More common Contract Policy & Terms section options have been made available. The following new Contract Policy & Terms sections have been added as options to help employers/agencies more cleanly keep track of all key contract terms for the client relationships.
- (IMPROVED) Employer/Agency name now displays on Talent Job Board. The Employer/Agency name has been made visible on all views of the Talent Job Board, both on the jobs overview page and job details page. This ensures the healthcare professional viewing your jobs in Kamana is very clear who the employer is for each job. Here's what it looks like from each view:
- (IMPROVED) Candidates are now directed to Message employer/agency they have relationship with if the employer does not have any active matching jobs on the job board.
- (IMPROVED) Messaging clarity added to Facilities page. The header for the contracts section of a Facility page has been updated from 'In Contracts' to 'Active Contracts' to add clarity to the user experience.
- (FIXED) Invalid URLs no longer permitted in Employer/Agency website field on company bio. Previously if a website/URL was input using uppercase characters within the URL, the Preferences page would crash as the website was being recognized as invalid. This has been fixed by automatically down-casing all characters input in to the website/URL field.
- (NEW) Search Talent Profiles by Email Address. You can now search Talent by Email Address in the Search Talent field on navigation pane. Simply input a full email address in to the Search Talent field and any Talent Profile with a matching email address will populate in the search results.
- (IMPROVED) Document Library sorted alphabetically by name. Previously the documents in the Library were sorted by creation date. The documents and links in the Library now sort alphabetically by name for both the Employer and Talent views.
- (FIXED) Job Origin and Origin Reference/Job Number must be unique. Previously if a job was edited to contain the same Job Origin and Origin Reference/Job Number as another record, the system would crash. A change has been made to notify the user on the page if a duplicate is attempted.
- (NEW) Filter Talent Profiles by Email Address. You can now filter Talent by Email Address on the My Talent and Our Talent pages. Simply input a full email address in to the Filter Talent field on the My/Our Talent page and the list will filter to display any Talent Profiles with a matching email address in the Profile.
- (NEW)Facilities. You can now create and manage facilities that you staff. Once a facility has been created, you will be able to create Job Requisitions to be displayed on your public job board. Learn how to Create and Manage Facilities
- (NEW) Job Requisitions. You can now create and manage facilities that you staff. Once a facility has been created, you will be able to create Job Requisitions to be displayed on your public job board. Learn how to Create Job Requisitions and Manage Your Job Board and Job Requisitions.
- (IMPROVED) Security Role in Employer User Settings. The 'Role' field has been updated to 'Security Role' in the Employer User settings to add clarity between this field and the Divisions and Departments fields that were recently added.
- (IMPROVED) Rich text formatting the Employer Bio field.
- (NEW) More users can now edit Draft Contracts. Previously Client Contracts were only editable by the owner of the contract. This restriction has been removed to enable cross team management of contracts. Limitations to edit-ability will be introduced by user security role and department in a later release.
- (IMPROVED) City and State displayed on Facility records. The city and state of a facility is now displayed in several places to make locating and identifying facilities easier across the client and contract management features of Kamana: when creating a new facility from the Definitive Healthcare facility search; when linking an existing facility record to a contract; when viewing the facility records list on the Facilities page.
- (FIXED) No more duplicate staffing agencies in work history pick list. Previously a number of staffing agencies were duplicated in the Staffing Agency list on work history entires. A fix has been deployed to remove the duplicates.
- (NEW) Change the status of a Client Contract. For users currently participating in the early-access program for client, facility, job, and contract management in Kamana - you now have the option to set and manage a Contract status. Available statuses are: Draft, Active, On Hold, and Complete. Want to join the early access program for testing new features in Kamana? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
- (IMPROVED) Performance Enhancements on eSign Templates page. Employer users with a large number of templates (e.g. 100+) may have been experiencing slowness and/or performance issues when accessing, creating, and managing eSign templates. A number of performance enhancements have been implemented to improve the user experience of this page. Notably, 'pagination' has been added to this page to load the templates in batches of 100 (similar to the My/Our Talent pages) and the '+' Create Template button will now be disabled until the page has fully loaded
- (FIXED) Certifications without abbreviations are now populating in certification search. For a short time some Certifications without abbreviations included (e.g. the 'BLS' that displays with "Basic Life Support (BLS)" were not appearing in the certifications search functionality. A fix has been deployed.
- (NEW) View all facilities in Facilities list without search. For users currently participating in the early-access program for client, facility, job, and contract management in Kamana - you now have the ability to view all facilities in the Facilities list without using the Facility search function. The facilities load in groups of 100. Click 'Load More' to load the next batch of 100. and the number of facilities loaded displays at the top fo the page. Want to join the early access program for testing new features in Kamana? Email email@example.com to let us know!
- (NEW) Search eSign Templates page. Search all of eSign templates within your account by name. As you type the results on the page will instantly narrow down to meet your search criteria.
- (NEW) Search eSign templates to more quickly send signature requests. When preparing an eSign request to send to a healthcare professional, you can now type to search your Active list of eSign templates.
- Matching results will appear on the page as you type.
- Click Select to add an eSign template to a signature request. The selected template will appear under the Selected Templates section.
- If you need to remove a template after adding, click Remove. The template will disappear from the Selected Templates and show back up on the search page.
- (NEW) Quickly create eSign requests from the Talent list view. Click the ellipsis (three dot) menu on a Talent record from the My Talent or Our Talent page to find the 'New Signature Request .." menu option.
- (IMPROVED) Faster access to the Employer Users page. Employer accounts with several dozen or more internal users may have been experiencing slow loading speed on the Organization > Users page. This performance of this page has been significantly improved for a lightning fast load time.
- (IMPROVED) Alerts when copy buttons are used. When using the quick copy buttons throughout the platform (e.g. copying a talent invite or profile share link), a 'Copied!" Toast notification will now appear in the top right of the page to let you know the link has been successfully copied.
- (NEW) Search your Facilities to more quickly access information for your clients. For users currently participating in the early-access program for client, facility, job, and contract management in Kamana - a search option has been added to the facilities page. If you don't yet have access and want to join the list to have early access to new features in Kamana, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
- (NEW) Divisions and Departments added to User Roles. Divisions and Departments have been added to the User Invite page. When sending an invite to an Agency user, you now have the ability to select a Division: Allied or Nursing and a Department: Billing, Compliance, Executive, Operations, Recruiting, or Sales.
- (IMPROVED) Autocomplete Search Results. Additional improvements have been made since our last release to the Autocomplete Search Results feature. A fix was deployed for a bug that was causing search results not to appear after a certain number of characters were entered into the search query. Results are now populating appropriately.
- (IMPROVED) Under Review Reasons Updated. The reasons that are able to be selected for the“Under Review” relationship status have been updated to provide users clarity. The reason Terminated By Employer has been updated to Terminated by Agency. The reason Terminated by Talent has been updated to Cancelled By Talent
- (IMPROVED) Agency Preferences renamed Employer Preferences. The Agency Preferences module of the platform has been renamed Employer Preferences to provide users clarity.
- (IMPROVED) Mass Primary Contact Copy Changes. Changes to the copy on the Mass Primary Change of Contact workflows have been made to improve clarity.
- (IMPROVED) Autocomplete Search Results. Autocomplete search results are now displayed in alphabetical order. A fix has also been deployed to rectify an issue where some results were not populating when searching for certifications, licenses, or facilities. Search results now populate more quickly and consistently with the exact characters typed in a search.
- (IMPROVED) Medical History Category and Choice Required. When adding a Medical History record to a Talent Profile, the 'Add Item' button on the Add Item step in the will now be disabled until both a Category (e.g. Influenza) and Choice (e.g. Influenza Vaccine) have been selected.
- (FIXED) Archiving Talent Relationship Using “Other” Reason. When archiving a talent relationship, if the “Other” reason is selected, a reason description will now be required to capture additional information as to why the relationship is being archived.
- (FIXED) Personal Message in Talent Invite Email. For a period of time, personal messages may not have been displayed in a talent invite email. A fix has been deployed and personal messages are now displaying properly.
- (NEW) Bulk change of Talent Primary contact. Account Administrators are now able to reassign all relationships for an Entity User to another in Kamana. Learn more here.
- (IMPROVED) Clearer permissions and messaging for modifying Employer Notes. If a non-account-owner user attempts to edit/delete an Employer note that they did not create, or that they created more than 15 minutes prior to that moment, they will receive a pop up message explaining why they are not able to edit/delete that note. The message directs the user to contact the account owner if the note needs to be modified.
- (IMPROVED) Redesign of Medical History Items. Medical History entries have gotten a makeover! We have introduced Medical History Categories and Choices. Medical History categories include Coronavirus, Drug Screen, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Influenza, Meningococcal, MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), Physical, Polio, Respirator Fit Test, Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis), Tuberculosis, Varicella, and Vision Screening. The specific item related to the category will be defined in the Choice drop down list. You can learn more about adding Medical History Items here. (Keep in mind that this article will provide screenshots from the talent user’s point of view. The process is the same from the agency side of Kamana.
- (NEW) Use browser password manager shortcuts to quickly change your password. Password managers in browsers such as Safari and Chrome scan for bad passwords from your saved password vault, and provide 'Change Password' links when a password change is recommended. Kamana has added support for the "/.well-known/change-password" process. Using the 'Change Password' option in your browser's password manager will now auto-redirect you to the change password page in Kamana.
- (FIXED) Setting notification preference to in-app only no longer crashes. Some users may have experienced a system error when attempting to set their notification preferences to in-app only. A fix has been deployed.
- (NEW) Request Staffing Agency Not Listed. When adding a work history entry where the healthcare professional was employed by a staffing agency, you can now request a staffing agency that is not currently on the drop down list to be added. Once requested, you will receive an email when the Staffing Agency has been added to the list
- (IMPROVED) Instructions for Missing Item Requests. When requesting a missing item be added, your request will now populate in a new window with instructions that indicate once the request is added to the list, you will receive an email.
- (IMPROVED) Contextual page redirects when archiving Employer Attachments. Previously when archiving/restoring an Employer Attachment on a Talent Profile Relationship, the page always redirected to the corresponding Talent Profile page after archiving. Users will now be directed to the same page that the archiving is taking place from when arching, and to the View All page when restoring.
- (IMPROVED) Re-opening a signature request during the preparation process is now more clear. Previously if an eSign Signature Request was closed during the prepare request stage using the X in the HelloSign modal, it was not clear how to reopen the signature request. A View Signature Request button has been added to this page to quickly navigate back to the signature request preparation process.
- (NEW) Employer Attachment Categories. When adding Employer Attachments, a document category can now be selected. This adds organization to the Employer Attachment feature. Employer Attachment Categories include: Assignment Documents, Background Checks & Verifications, Employee Evaluations, General Documents, Human Resources, Identification, Medical Documents, References, Resumes, and Testing
When viewing all Employer Attachments, all categories will be displayed by default, but the option to filter by Attachment Category is available from the drop down list.
- (NEW) Employer Attachments can now be archived. Documents uploaded to the Employer Attachment section can now be archived and restored later, if necessary. Archived Attachments can be viewed from the Talent Profile from the“View All” Employer Attachment page by selecting“View Archived”.
Archived Attachments are able to be restored easily by selecting the Restore button.
- (IMPROVED) Work History Additional Notes/Comments character limit has been increased. To ensure complete job duties and skills performed can be added to the work history additional notes field, we have increase the character limit from 500 to 2000.